xmlns:fb='http://www.facebook.com/sudburytourism/fbml' What's Happening in Sudbury this Summer: Gem & Mineral Show

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Gem & Mineral Show

Who doesn't like to be surrounded by a bunch of beautiful gems and minerals? This event is absolutely spectatular. I always look forward to this event each year. As a child, my mom used to take my sister and I every summer and she would always let us purchase one item. My first ring was purchased at the Gem & Mineral Show and I still have it to this day.


There are so many unique gem and minerals that you would probably never see anywhere else. You look at some of them and wonder how the earth can make something so beautiful. The colours and shapes are so different it's hard to believe they are real. I had the opportunity to speak to one of the vendors and he went into great detail about one of the crystals he mines and the different features it has. It was facinating to hear about.

The Gem & Mineral Show has a section for children with different activities all pertaining to gem and minerals. You can see smiles on their faces as they participated in these different activities. They have a silent auction, door prize and BBQ outside. This event is fun for the whole family. We hope to see you next year at the 30th Annual Gem & Mineral Show on July 20,21 and 22.

Shanna