xmlns:fb='http://www.facebook.com/sudburytourism/fbml' What's Happening in Sudbury this Summer: Going Greek!

Thursday, August 04, 2011

Going Greek!

The Greek Festival which is held every year at the Hellenic Centre on beautiful St. Charles Lake is a real treat. Not only can you experience the taste of Greece through the amazing foods offered, but also the culture as well.





The weekend of this years festival was the perfect weekend to have such an event. I ordered my food and headed down to a seat by the water to enjoy the majestic view. The food was extraordinary with many different food choices. I had a meal consisting of a little bit of everything. There was lemon chicken, pork souvlaki, potatoes, rice, salad and mousaka. It was my first time trying mousaka and though the texture was strange to my pallet I found it delicious regardless. You may be wondering what mousaka is so I shall tell you; it consisted of eggplant, potatoes, ground meat and topped with bechamel sauce. There of course was pastries to finish off your meal which I refrained from eating, though have heard they are just as wonderful.


I missed seeing the dancers this year, but I did take a peek at the church. There was church tours available for those wishing the know the history. The church's beautiful interior outshines the exterior by far. I highly advise checking it out.



Katherine