xmlns:fb='http://www.facebook.com/sudburytourism/fbml' What's Happening in Sudbury this Summer: Canoe Polo Tournament

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Canoe Polo Tournament


This past Saturday (July 23rd) was jam packed with events. I had the opportunity to visit the Canoe Polo Tournament. This tournament was situated in Bell Park at the Sudbury Canoe Club.

When I was making my way into the event grounds I could hear the loud cheers, music and kayaks in the water. It sounded like everyone was having fun. Shortly after I arrived, I discovered a canoe polo match taking place. For those who don’t know what canoe polo is, I will give you a little run down. Canoe polo consists of two teams of kayakers, one ball and two floating nets. The players must kayak around the water and try to get the ball in the other teams net.


These polo matches were very intense and the crowd was well involved, cheering every step of the way. I had a blast watching them attempt to kayak while trying to throw the ball in the opposite net. If you ever get the opportunity to watch these games, take it! It is definitely something you should see!

Pat

To see sudbury tourism videos visit www.youtube.com/SudburyTourism