xmlns:fb='http://www.facebook.com/sudburytourism/fbml' What's Happening in Sudbury this Summer: Francophone Games 2011

Monday, July 25, 2011

Francophone Games 2011


This weekend I spent some time at the Francophone Games which took place at Bell Park and Laurentian University. It was very nice to see the Francophone community coming together and participate in such a great event.

I started at Bell Park with the Great Urban Canoe Adventure. It was really nice to see the participants all lined up and ready to go. The main race was at 9 am with a canoe trip across 5 lakes, starting from the beautiful Ramsey lake beach. Other participants in various categories were ready to race and enjoy the thrill of such a great adventure.

Later on during the day, I visited Laurentian University where more games were set up. There was basketball, live music, art demonstrations, food, and much more activities for all age groups. I had a blast, as I listened to some of the music. I wanted to play some basketball but my skills are not the greatest.

Over all it was a good day with a lot of positive energy in the air. The weather was perfect!

Here is a list of the medal count for the Francophone Games.



Pat