xmlns:fb='http://www.facebook.com/sudburytourism/fbml' What's Happening in Sudbury this Summer: My latest visit to Laurentian University

Thursday, July 14, 2011

My latest visit to Laurentian University


Laurentian University is always growing with new residences being built and new programs being created. This week, I went to visit the one and only Laurentian
University. When I first arrived, I noticed something new right off the bat, a new residence was going up which is exciting news for students; more rooms will be available!

Now as the day progressed, I went and visited all the different departments and buildings, the arts department, the science building, both of the teachers colleges, etc… Then a thought occurred to me, for a University with 8,000 students we sure pack a punch. Laurentian has multiple departments that are offered in Northern Ontario on site. To top it all off, we also have the opportunity to learn in French or English, since it is a bilingual University. Now with upcoming school of Architecture set to open in Sudbury, we sure have a lot of opportunities to choose from.

The students life at Laurentian is a good one with a student center and a games room to entertain you while you are waiting for your next class or just looking to have a good time. With restaurants in the University and in the residences they are guaranteed to satisfy you.

All in all, I was very impressed with what I seen at Laurentian and I would be proud to say that I am a Laurentian student, it is a good place to be!

Pat