xmlns:fb='http://www.facebook.com/sudburytourism/fbml' What's Happening in Sudbury this Summer: Northern Lights Festival Boreal 2011

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Northern Lights Festival Boreal 2011


The Northern Lights Festival Boreal was another great success! The festival attracted over 15,000 people from various places, a great weekend for the event to take place with nice warm weather and clear skies. It was my first time at the Festival and as I first arrived at the registration booth I did not know what to expect. As I walked into Bell Park I heard laughter and music from all directions, I even seen people dressed in creative costumes. Vendors were set up all around the park selling various items, some were made locally and others were international. I loved that people were walking around with all their friend, laughing and having a good time. As I walked around the tents people were lying on the grass and listening to music relaxing and enjoying the moment. Various types of music were being played throughout the weekend from folk to rock in French and English. At night, the head liners would come out and everyone would sit in front of the new Grace Hartman Amphitheatre to listen. As for food, I saw vendors selling all types, from Asian to Jamaican and for those with a sweet tooth there were Funnel cakes available. As a first timer, at this event, I would say it was a great success and I would definitely bring my friends next year.

Pat

For more information on Sudbury events please visit
www.sudburytourism.ca