xmlns:fb='http://www.facebook.com/sudburytourism/fbml' What's Happening in Sudbury this Summer: Summerfest 2011

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Summerfest 2011


This year I had the opportunity to visit Summerfest and catch a glimpse of the entertainment happening over there. This year, Summerfest was held at beautiful Bell Park with a weekend full of nice, warm weather.

Katherine and I started off by touring the concerts and listening to some live music, watching the public dancing and singing and simply enjoying a good time. I was doing the same thing, sitting back and enjoying the tunes. After listening to some live entertainment, I noticed people that were bouncing around on these special shoes. Me being a curious person I went to see if I could test them out. After chatting for a bit with the owner of Zen fitness, next thing I know I was wearing the Kangoo (the special bouncy shoes). I had a blast! One of the instructors was putting me through a quick lesson and I was bouncing around while I had them on. We went for a little jog, did some jumping jacks, etc…

Once my kangoo adventure was done we went to see what we could have for a snack. There was a variety of food vendors all along the Grace Hartman Amphitheatre. There was food for people with an appetite for salty and sweet foods. With a variety such as Jamaican to Canadian foods, who can deny that!

We finished it off by visiting the kid’s area. As we were browsing throughout the area we noticed a ventriloquist was holding a show, and multiple bouncing castles were all set up, topping it all off there were vendors selling hair clips, tutus, t-shirts, etc..

Who can forget about the midway that was happening across the street with rides, food, and entertainment happening all around you.

Over all it was an action packed weekend for all ages, and I recommend anyone to go and visit the event next year and listen to all the bands and enjoy the attractions.


Pat

To view some of the tourism videos visit
http://www.youtube.com/SudburyTourism